Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Are those 2 in 1 curling iron/hair straighteners any good? Is it better to have a thick straightener or thin?

Does it make a difference if the plates are gold or silver colored?Are those 2 in 1 curling iron/hair straighteners any good? Is it better to have a thick straightener or thin?
Okay it doesn't matter what color the plates are as long as they are ceramic. Its alot safer and less damaging to the hair. 2nd the 2 in 1 straight/curl irons are OK nothing great nothing crappy they are ok. I would use one on my own hair and maybe to a few selected hair styles on clients but i wouldn't use it as my primary flat iron. Now I have alot of hair with a pretty good WAVE to it not exactually a curl but def. gets crazy with no blow drying!! so i found that a BIG plated iron worked the best, the small ones just seemed to be too time consuming when i don't really need to make my hair too straight cause i do a pretty good job blow drying it. But if you have really thick curly hair i would suggest the small plates just because you have more control over where you need it the most. Like in the root areas. Also you should always use a SHINE SERUM before and a little bit after you flat iron to protect and make a shinier finish. Some suggestions are Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum, Matrix Sleek Look Flat Iron Spray or Smoothing Serum (same line) or Biosilk Serum or Catwalk's Camera Ready. Those I found to take out all the frizz, add tons of shine and made my hair really soft let alone it was protecting it from the heat damage that causes split ends, breakage and dryness. Keep in mind when using the shine serums only use 1-2 pumps depending on how thick hair is and if it is a shine spray like the Iron Spray or Camera Ready 2-4 sprays should be okay . .and one more think you never need to put them on the root other wise you look greasy! hope all this info helped!Are those 2 in 1 curling iron/hair straighteners any good? Is it better to have a thick straightener or thin?
I think it depends on your hair. If you have thick hair, then i would recommend thick hair straightner. But if you have thin hair, thin hair straightner would be good :)
The best straightner I have found is the ';Tru Ceramic Pro';. Ceramic straightners are the best. You can buy this straightner on the internet, it works awesome and it will also do barrel curls if you like that.
all depends on your hair, if its think and curly i recommend a thin straightener, because it consentrates on smaller parts of the hair, and smoothes it out. takes a while, but looks awesome. if you have thin straight hair like me, use a thicker iron. it makes the process quicker and gets the job done. the 2 in 1 curling iron ive never tried. but heard okay things about it. i would just go with a straightner first. and buy a curling iron too. :) and get a good straight iron like helen of troy brand. or anything over 40 dollars! :)
In my opinion, the straightner/curler is a hasstle. Whenever I go to use the curler, the flat sections on the straigntner tend to get out of line and make a crease in my hair..I'd get a separete curler and straigtener. Also, there is a new, hair dryer/sraigtener/de-frizzer out now. Its called Conair Infiniti Hair designer. I have one and I LOVE it! Very easy to use and really works! I have very thick curly hair and now my daily hair routine time is cut in half by using this dryer. Its alittle pricey but you can get it from avon (youravon.com/remard) for only 59.99. (Reg. 65$) Alot of beauty magazine are recommending it as well.
depend on the hair I have thick hair and use the thin straightner I think that's the best, because if it's thin it catch all the hair
I've never tried the 2 in 1 curling iron/straightener. If it's cheap, it's probably not that great, but you never know til you try it. You want to go with quality if you straighten your hair everyday. Otherwise you may not get the results you want.





I use a ceramic one and I LOVE it! Mine cost around $50 so it's pricy, but they last awhile. It's black too. I've seen white ceramic ones too. I've tried gold and they're ok. It really depends on your hair type. If you have thin/fine hair a thin straightener would work because you don't want to fry your hair with too much heat. If your hair is thick, you may want to go with a one incher to save time. I've seen jade straighteners and I hear they're the best, but they're very pricy! I've seen one that cost around $125.





They use different types of materials because of what it can do with the hair. Just make sure to buy some heat protective spray to use with the straightener. Sometimes they can add better straightness with the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment