Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Does the CHI hair straightener burn your hair if u dye ur hair??

I dyed my hair black and I don't know if the CHI hair straightener will burn my hair?


Any suggestions on what to use before using the hair straightener??Does the CHI hair straightener burn your hair if u dye ur hair??
Ive dyed my hair black 3 times and all I use is the Chi. The Chi is only great because it gets hair straighter than the rest. It doesnt have any other magical powers or extra destruction mechanisms. I suggest if your hair is freshly dyed, to use the Chi on the low setting until it settles in.





Before you flat iron, you need to use some type of heat protectant for dyed hair since your messing with heat and a chemical, or atleast a protectant that has a really good moisturizer.





I just read the anwer below mines. wow!! Your hair will not burn because its black, it will burn if you use it everyday all day!! Try not to use it as much because it can damage your hair and since you have hairdye, it can make it more weaker.Does the CHI hair straightener burn your hair if u dye ur hair??
Don't forget to check your heat settings, it might be set to high for your hair type.

Report Abuse



Yes, it will burn it, all straighteners do. It won't burn it as much as other straighteners, though. I suggest if you can, just let your hair air-dry, it doesn't damage your hair like a hairdryer. But if you don't straighten your hair very often, don't worry, your hair will be fine.
Nope! Chi's are really good and safe irons! I have 2! Different colors :D
You should always use a hair serum like product before straightening to prevent damage like Ganrier Fructice Sleek and Shine and put a leave in conditioner afterwards to replace moisture, but the chi operates at 250ish (i think) so it shouldnt damage you hair if you use good products in your hair =]

No comments:

Post a Comment