Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What is the best device to enable me to use my CHI hair straightener in France?

I'm going to France in April and I need to know the best converter or whatever I need to buy to be able to use my CHI hair straightener there. Also, will I able to use the same thing to charge my camera battery and use my curling iron, or do I need to buy something seperate for each one?What is the best device to enable me to use my CHI hair straightener in France?
France power supply runs at 220V which is similar to most part of Europe, and the electrical outlets are suited for two-pins round plug. (http://www.kropla.com/!e.htm )



If you hair straightener has the ability to handle 220V voltage, then all you need to do is make sure you have the right plug adaptor.



I don't know where you are from. If US, you should know that the majority of equipments from US are made to handle 110V but quite a lot of new electrical items (eg laptops) are nowadays made with inbuilt converter that it can handle both 220V and 110V. Check your manual for further specs information.



If you are unsure, or that your hair straightener is meant to work on 110V only, then you must get a voltage converter/transformer. You can get it in a kit that comes with plug adaptor, such as this one (http://www.amazon.com/Unknown-Internatio/a> ). This will make sure only the right voltage goes into your equipment, and that the pinhead would be a match.



You can use the same thing for your other electrical items such as camera battery charger, but of course you will only be able to use one item at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment