Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chi hair straightener - broken?

I've had my chi flat iron for not even a year. i got in for christmas of 2007. I'm in love with it and it's worked perfectly up until this morning. I had it plugged in and using it fine. I was finished so i turned it off and unplugged it. Then I realized I missed a spot so I went to plug it back in and the outlet made a loud 'BUZZ' sound. It scared me so i pulled away. I did not even get the prongs fully in the outlet when it buzzed. I tried again, this time making sure everything was straight and aligned and it still made the buzzing noise. I don't know if it broke or what..? Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, what should I do about it?Chi hair straightener - broken?
it maybe your outlet!


if it is in a bathroom it may be on a safety outlet.


just reset the out let by pressing on the reset button


try your hair straightener in another outletChi hair straightener - broken?
this also happened to me!!!!!!!!! except i just plugged it in and it won't turn on! and chi's are really expensive...... ugh.

Report Abuse



My Chi just broke this past week as well...





It keeps turning on and off every time i move it and makes a buzzing sound as well. So maybe yours is about to do the same thing as mine and is getting ready to go out.





Your best bet is to get a new one. I wouldn't use it with the buzzing noise due to the fact that you don't really know what is causein it.





Hope this helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment