Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chi Hair Straightener by any other Name?

After hearing rave reviews, I purchased a Chi Ceramic Hair styling iron (by Farouk) from JC Penny. I tried it over my previously straightened hair using the Chi spray and it fried my hair! I am taking it back.





Written on the top plate is ';Global Beauty Network'; with a red round ';CHI'; label at the hinge. Is this a real Chi?





I was told to test it on a cotton square. It got very hot when it was supposed to remain just warm.





Is this a real CHI?





If not, can anyone recommend one that leaves the hair shiny and straight but doesn't burn?Chi Hair Straightener by any other Name?
Well, real CHI's do not have a temperature knob, and they do have the GBN and red round CHI label at the hinge.





Do you have thick frizzy hair or fine thin hair? CHI's work wonders with thick frizzy hair and average hair. If it burns your hair, then maybe you did something wrong. I have never used my CHI on previously straightened hair, and that might be the case.





I suggest you give it another try. If the results don't please you, then by all means, take it back. Ask you're hairdresser (if you go to the same person to get your hair cut over and over again) what kind of flat iron would work best with your hair.





Best of luck!Chi Hair Straightener by any other Name?
I did NOT choose this answer as best. It is not best at all! There were other answers that actually answered the question without insulting the asker.





I want to thank those others who responded for their kind and informative responses.

Report Abuse



I don't know if yours is a real CHI but I have tried and love the Vidal Sassoon ceramic tools (especially the flat iron).
I have never had a problem with my Chi. Did you get a knock-off, by chance?
I can back the product up since i got my strightener in Europe, its called bellissima. But if it fried your hair the problem might not be with the straightener it might be with the temperature you put it on. Like my straightener straightens good and it only goes up to 200 degrees. Maybe yours was like 300, which does fry hair. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment