Thursday, January 19, 2012

My chi hair straightener...??

I have a chi hair straightener, and it smells pretty bad when I turn it on and use it. I have only had it for a few months, and it's smelled this way since day 1! It smells kind of like something is burning, but it doesn't make my hair smell bad or anything like that. Any suggestions??? Thanks for your time!! :)My chi hair straightener...??
it may be because its newish.



i got a pink chi limted edition for x-mas but it doesnt smell what type do u have?



my conair hair blow dryer smells bad when i turn it on because of what it is made of.



im sure its fine.



good suggestion- wipe of your chi after you use (make sure its completly cooled off) then that will take off the oils that the chi takes of ur hair. cause it makes ur hair look greasyMy chi hair straightener...??
I had the chi straighter also and i got rid of it because of that problem it started out the same way yours does the terrible smell of something burning made me not want to use it but because it was my only iron i did anyway and then a few weeks after that it would start to shock me and after that i was for sure not going to use it again so i bought a new iron called the herstyler colerful season heres a pic of the exact one i have same color and everything http://i2.iofferphoto.com/img/item/972/1/a>

its a fantastic iron every time i use it it looks like i got it perfessionally done. i highly reccomend this iron it gives me NO problems and i absoulutley love it! hope this helps!!!
Hi, I'm Mal, the Editor-In-Chief of online fashion magazine, LaVieCherie.com.



I'm a huge fan of Chi products - in fact, it's the only straightener I will use and recommend. I even bought one when I was in high school and just replaced it last summer (I'm 23 now, that's about 6 years of Chi!).



I've never had that issue with a Chi. I would contact the place you bought it and let them know. They may be able to determine what the deal is. You could also call a place like Ulta or Sally's Beauty Supply and see what they suggest. I know they have a cleaner that can be applied to the plates so if there is any coating on there, it will dissolve after you clean it.



Good luck!

Mal

twitter: LaVieCherie
Do you use it when you hair is wet??

if you do stop doing that

otherwise it is fine

maybe wipe it down with a cloth or something when you are done using it...

but otherwise it should be fine

mine smells weird too because of the material it is
Duh! Its your freakin hair burning! A chi dosent have heat control! It just getts rilly rilly hot. When I use one it smells bad 2.



imao chi's are bad

No comments:

Post a Comment