Monday, January 23, 2012

About to buy the chi hair straightener?

I straighten my hair about 5 times a week, I currently have a good straightener but its lost its heat and its not working as well as it used to.


I have very thick hair that is wavy and I'm about to buy the original chi hair straightener but I have been looking at some of the reviews about it, most say its awesome but some of them say they are major fire hazards and they break easily.


should I get one, or do you think it will break?


keep in mind I am paying over $100 for it, is it worth the price?About to buy the chi hair straightener?
Actually now that they are no longer made in korea (made in texas now) they are of poor quality.


I really wouldn't recommend it. i had one made korea for 6 years, but it did a lot of damage to my hair.


The technology in the chi iron is pretty outdated compared to irons like the sedu and the ghd. (the ghd has sensors which test the porosity of your hair to only distribute the amount of heat need to straighten, it also makes sure to distribute even and constant heat through out the entire plate [chi heat is only in the centre] this is a big reason why ghds dont damage your hair a lot, or at all if you use a heat protector)


I now use a ghd and there is a huge difference in how it makes my hair feel and look.If you can, you should get a ghd. If not, go with a sedu revolution.


Chi's aren't good, that's why most professionals dont use them anymore.





read reviews at folica.com





save your hair-dont get a chiAbout to buy the chi hair straightener?
They do not break easily. They are amazing! I have one and I have really thick dense hair. I can straighten my hair on Sunday wash it and still not have to do it again until Tuesday! As far as the fire hazard goes, just unplug it when you aren't using it.





And for the health of your hair, use Chi's thermal spray. They do get very hot and if you don't use a thermal protection you will dry your hair out!





Buy it and enjoy! I promise you will love it! Plus, they have a lifetime guarantee if you buy from an authorized user. I don't know of any other straightener that offers that!
Definitely get one. I was in the same place as you about 2 1/2 years ago. Luckily, i didn't make the decision, I got them as a Christmas present. I've had them ever since, and I use them almost every single day, they haven't lost heat yet.








....and all hair straighteners have a slight smell when you first get them, I'm sure you already know that though after youve been through so many
First of all, the thing about removing bacteria...ummm..i have NEVER in my life heard that and yes its a lie because that is not a purpose of the straitner.


For the most part...yes. It is the best straitner out there. But you DO need to find some kind of product that you can spray or finger in before you straiten your hair because it gets so hot that it will damage your hair but every straitner that gets that hot can damage your hair..not just the chi. i have a pink one=) and i love it....


%26lt;3raebaby
i had a chi straightner last year, and it acctually damaged my hair. its supposed to remove ';bacteria'; from your hair, but that obviously a lieeee. it gave me rily bad split ends, and when it was turned on, while heating up, it smelt like birnt plastic.





i wouldnt recomend it.
I think you should purchase CHI under 100$. CHI works well.
I recommend the Sedu 1'; Straightener. I recently bought it and compared to my old Conair Wet/Dry ';tourmaline/ceramic'; straightener, its amazing! It gets my hair super straight and heats up in literally 20sec. It does not snag my hair and has tourmaline, ceramic, and titanium plates which will make your hair shiny, smooth, silky. If you order from folica.com right now, you get free shipping and a FREE mini sedu revolution shortie straightener (6 inches). They have great service too. It also comes with a TWO year warranty.


If not, for only $90 you can get the ozonhair.com OZON straightener.. my friend owns it and it comparable to the Sedu but personally.. i love my sedu.





NEVER use a straightener on your hair when it's wet.. when your hair is wet, it is more prone to breakage and thats just unhealthy for your hair.





Remember to always use a heat protection spray or lotion for your hair before you flat iron it. It'll enhance your shininess as well as protect it. Fantasia Straightening Serum ,got2b crazy sleek lotion, Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray, and S-Factor Spray are all great products.





P.S Don't buy the CHI.. its poorly made and doesn't have heat temperature settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment