Monday, January 23, 2012

If i have had my CHI hair straightener for 3 years, how much longer do i have until it breaks down on me?

I straighten my hair 6 times a week.If i have had my CHI hair straightener for 3 years, how much longer do i have until it breaks down on me?
Brand name straighteners like the CHI usually last about 5+ years. And i think you straighten your hair too much.....6 times a week??? I think you should cut back on straightening your hair before your straightener will break down anytime sooner. Plus its really bad to straighten your hair 6 times a week. I used to straighten my hair everyday because of school and i would always go out on the weekends. But now i probably straighten it 3 times a week. Less damage and my hair stay straights for about 1 or 2 more days.If i have had my CHI hair straightener for 3 years, how much longer do i have until it breaks down on me?
Impossible to know, unless the manufacturer is willing to disclose MTBF (mean time between failure) figures





If you are using it 6x per week, for 3 years, then you have thus far gotten (6*52*3) uses out of it (936 thus far), so you have probably gotten your money's worth, unless you paid a ridiculous price for it.
the warrantee on hair straighteners usually last for 5 years so maybe until a little after 5 years...hard to determine tho..why do you wanna know anyways?
It depends on your hair type. Once your straightener begins to not do a very good job you might consider purchasing a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment